On campaign trail, KCR continues to blame Congress for attack on BRS’ Dubakka candidate Prabhakar Reddy

Reddy was stabbed during a door-to-door campaign at the Surampally village in the Daulatabad mandal of the Siddipet district on Monday.

Published Oct 31, 2023 | 10:01 PMUpdated Oct 31, 2023 | 10:35 PM

Telangana assembly elections

Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao on Tuesday, 31 October, said the state was progressing in a peaceful manner on all fronts, and that there had been no curfew or communal violence in it in the last 10 years.

However, the Congress was responsible for the attack on Medak MP K Prabhakar Reddy, who is contesting the upcoming Assembly elections from the Dubbaka constituency, he said.

Reddy was stabbed while taking part in a door-to-door campaign at the Surampally village in the Daulatabad mandal of the Siddipet district on Monday.

By God’s grace, nothing happened to Reddy, who is currently undergoing treatment at a corporate hospital in Secunderabad, he said.

“We never indulged in anarchy and did not trouble anyone in the last 10 years,” said KCR, adding that he had done good to the people with God’s blessings.

Related: BRS MP and Dubakka candidate Prabhakar Reddy stabbed

‘Vote changes people’s lives’

Addressing a public meeting in the erstwhile Nalgonda district, he said: “There will be disturbance if others (parties) come back. You know their attitude and mindset. A vote changes peoples’ lives and future. Vote is the greatest weapon in a democratic system.”

He added: “Leaders distort history. People should vote only after knowing what is true.”

Referring to remarks made by the Congress MP N Uttam Kumar Reddy, KCR said the party promised during elections in Karnataka that it would supply power for 24 hours after winning the polls, but was now supplying power for only five hours.

Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister DK Shivakumar said his state government was supplying power for five hours, while the Telangana government was extending the same facility to farmers for 24 hours, said the BRS chief.

As the Congress ignored the development of Dalits for decades, the BRS government introduced the Dalit Bandhu scheme for the benefit of that community, said KCR, assuring people that the problems of the unemployed youth in the constituency would be resolved soon, with jobs in the power plant that was under construction in the district.

He promised to permanently solve the water issue of farmers under Nagarjunasagar ayacut (an area served by an irrigation project such as a canal, dam or tank).

Earlier, farmers used to organise movements demanding water, but there was no such situation after the BRS came to power, he said.

Also read: KCR slams DKS for Congress power supply claim in Karnataka

Follow us