The draft list is available on the district administration's official website and the district collector's social media accounts.
Published Aug 11, 2024 | 10:40 AM ⚊ Updated Aug 11, 2024 | 10:53 AM
An image from the landslide site in Wayanad.
The Kerala government on Sunday, 11 August, updated the draft list of people missing after the Wayanad landslides, including 130 names.
This meticulous work involved gathering and verifying data from various sources, including ration card records from wards 10, 11, and 12 of Meppadi Panchayat, as well as information from local schools such as Vellarmala Government Vocational Higher Secondary School and Mundakkai GLP School, the district administration said in a press releases
Additional data was sourced from the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS), labour office, and guest worker records.
The Economic and Statistics Department of the Kerala government, the National Informatics Centre (NIC), and the state IT Mission have been instrumental in managing and updating the list daily using the Google Sheets application.
The draft includes critical details such as ration card numbers, addresses, relatives’ names and their relationship to the missing persons, phone numbers and photographs.
Wayanad Assistant Collector S Gautam Raj praised the swift release of the draft list, which is available on the district administration’s official website and the district collector’s social media accounts.
He emphasised that this achievement reflects the collaborative effort of multiple agencies, including the panchayat, labour department, health department, police and local volunteers.
The authorities encouraged the public to review the draft list and provide updates or corrections. For updates or corrections, the public can contact the helpline number 8078409770.
Earlier, the district administration had released a list of 138 people, which was then updated to 131.
According to media reports, more than 400 people were killed in the savage series of landslides that hit the Mundakkai-Chooralmala-Attamala areas of Wayanad on 30 July.
The state government told the central team that visited the affected areas that the loss in the residential and plantation areas of Chooralmala, Mundakkai, and Punchirimattam areas was huge, and ₹2,000 crore was required for rehabilitation alone.
The central team was also informed that there had been heavy damage to various infrastructures, crops, livestock, houses, buildings, commercial and educational institutions, roads, electricity, etc.
(Edited by Muhammed Fazil)
(South First is now on WhatsApp and Telegram)