The controversy erupted after Krishnakumar accused three female employees of his daughter’s jewellery store at Kowdiar, Oh by Ozy, of embezzling ₹69 lakh.
Published Jun 12, 2025 | 10:34 AM ⚊ Updated Jun 12, 2025 | 10:34 AM
Diya Krishna. (Instagram)
Synopsis: The Kerala DGP has ordered the Crime Branch to take over the investigation into a financial fraud and extortion cases involving actor and BJP leader G Krishnakumar, his daughter Diya Krishna, and three staff members of Diya’s business unit.
The Kerala Director General of Police (DGP) has ordered the Crime Branch to take over the investigation into the high-profile financial fraud and extortion cases involving actor and BJP leader G Krishnakumar, his daughter Diya Krishna, and three staff members of Diya’s business unit, sources said on Thursday, 12 June.
The decision follows a report submitted by the Thiruvananthapuram City Police Commissioner, citing practical difficulties in continuing the probe at the Museum Police Station, which is “heavily burdened with law and order duties.”
The controversy erupted after Krishnakumar accused three female employees of his daughter’s jewellery store at Kowdiar, Oh by Ozy, of embezzling ₹69 lakh. In a counter-complaint, the young women alleged that Krishnakumar and his family kidnapped, threatened, and forcibly took money from them.
While police investigations found multiple withdrawals and fund transfers from the accused employees’ accounts — allegedly on Diya’s instructions to evade taxes — the women maintained they acted under pressure and had handed over the money to Diya.
Krishnakumar and his family have asserted they would submit tax payment records in court. With the Crime Branch stepping in, both cases — Krishnakumar’s complaint and the counter-complaint — will now be investigated afresh.
Meanwhile, the accused young women are reportedly absconding and are expected to move anticipatory bail applications on Thursday.
Earlier, the Museum Police Station had registered a case of kidnapping against actor Krishnakumar, his wife, and Diya, based on a complaint filed by the employees. However, the family alleged that the case is a counter to an earlier complaint filed by Krishnakumar.
He claimed the accused had confessed to the crime and returned ₹8 lakh while assuring that the remaining amount would be repaid. According to Krishnakumar, threats followed, prompting him and his daughter to approach the police.
In a press conference held earlier, Krishnakumar dismissed the kidnapping complaint as false and part of a planned counter-attack.
“This is a counter-case to divert attention from the financial fraud. Those employees were like family to us. Someone else is manipulating them,” he said, alleging a conspiracy behind the incident.
He also accused the police of misbehaving when he went to file his complaint and claimed that no official notification about the case against him had been received so far. Krishnakumar said a formal complaint had been submitted to the Chief Minister’s office, which also handles the Home Department, seeking fair action in the matter.
(With inputs from Dileep V Kumar.)