Suresh Gopi-starrer ‘Ottakomban’ to commence in September

The actor-politician said he is awaiting permission from Union Home Minister Amit Shah so he can fulfil his film commitments.

Published Aug 22, 2024 | 12:46 PMUpdated Aug 22, 2024 | 12:46 PM

Suresh Gopi-starrer 'Ottakomban' to commence in September

Suresh Gopi has announced that he will join the shooting of his upcoming movie, Ottakomban, on 6 September. Right now, the actor-politician is awaiting permission from Union Home Minister Amit Shah so he can fulfil his film commitments.

Addressing a gathering at an event organised by the Kerala Film Chamber of Commerce, Suresh Gopi said the shooting of Ottakomban, a much-awaited project in his career, will begin on 6 September as planned.

“I’ve approached Union Home Minister Amit Shah seeking his permission so I could get back to movies. When I told him that I have 22 films in my kitty, he tossed my request letter aside. But he agreed to consider my request,” Suresh Gopi recounted.

“If they (party) remove me from the ministership, I would consider myself saved. That is all I can say for now,” the actor-politician quipped while hastening to add, “Cinema is my passion.”

Meanwhile, Gokulan Gopalan’s Sree Gokulam Movies is backing Suresh Gopi’s long-delayed 250th film, tentatively titled SG250. Last week, the production house announced this news on social media and also issued a casting call.

VC Praveen and Baiju Gopalan will co-produce SG250, while Krishnamoorthy will serve as the executive producer.

Meanwhile, it is rumoured that Ottakomban will be Suresh Gopi’s 250th film. The flick was earlier announced under the banner of Mulakuppadam Films, headed by Tomichan Mulakupadam. However, Sree Gokulam Movies took over the venture recently.

The film, directed by Mathews Thomas Plammoottil, faced several hurdles. A plagiarism case was filed against the scriptwriter Jinu Abraham, who earlier penned Kaduva (2022). It is reported that SG250 will be helmed by Mathews Thomas Plammoottil.

Suresh Gopi’s next outing is Varaaham under the direction of Sanal V Devan. A second-look poster of the movie was unveiled recently.

The actor-politician will share the screen with Mammootty and the project will be helmed by Mahesh Narayanan. It will also feature Fahadh Faasil and Kunchako Boban in the main roles. The film’s shooting will commence next year.

Suresh Gopi’s other upcoming releases include JSK and LK (a sequel to his 2006 superhit movie Chinthamani Kolacase). He also has plans to do films with Shaji Kailas.

(Edited by Y Krishna Jyothi)

Also Read: Makers of Suresh Gopi’s 250th movie issues a casting call

Follow us