Director Sandeep Reddy Vanga shares interesting updates on ‘Spirit’

The Prabhas-starrer is being made with a budget of ₹300 crore and will mostly be wrapped up by December-end.

BySouth First Desk

Published Apr 09, 2024 | 2:56 PMUpdatedApr 09, 2024 | 2:56 PM

Director Sandeep Reddy Vanga shares interesting updates on 'Spirit'

Filmmaker Sandeep Reddy Vanga stands out as one of the few directors who commands widespread attention regardless of language or regional boundaries.

Despite taking two to two and a half years for each project, Vanga ensures that his films not only meet and exceed the audiences’ expectations but also set new benchmarks in the process.

Recently, in an interview with a popular film-based YouTube channel, Sandeep Reddy Vanga disclosed some startling details about Prabhas’ upcoming film Spirit, which he is helming.

According to the director, the storyline of Spirit revolves around a police officer and how he would react when someone close to him faces adversity. Prabhas will portray the role of an upright police officer in the film.

Vanga also revealed that 60 percent of the script is finalised and the remaining 40 percent will be completed before the movie heads to the production stage.

He anticipates wrapping up the script by December-end this year.

As regards budget, the Animal director disclosed that the producers allocated a staggering ₹300 crore for bankrolling Spirit.

He estimated that the star power of Prabhas alone would contribute ₹150 crore to the box-office earnings of Spirit.

There’s a possibility that the movie might hit the theatres in 2026.

Meanwhile, the updates shared by Sandeep Reddy Vanga about Spirit raised the expectations further among audiences.

Prabhas’ fans have already been waiting with bated breath about this ambitious project, which has high stakes.

The Rebel Star is currently busy with a string of projects without any breaks after his recent setbacks at the box office. These include The Raja Saab and Kalki 2898-AD.

Also Read: Ravi Teja announces his 75th film — RT75