The chief minister said only those "politically" unemployed and coaching centres are insisting on either changing the ratio or postponing the DSC examination.
Published Jul 13, 2024 | 9:59 PM ⚊ Updated Jul 13, 2024 | 9:59 PM
Telangana CM Revanth Reddy
Here is a piece of good news for professional college students who are struggling to pay their tuition fees.
Chief Minster A Revanth Reddy said that IT Minister D Sridhar Babu will look into the arrears to colleges payable by the government to help the students.
He was attending an interactive programme on Quality Engineering Education in Telangana organized at JNTU, Hyderabad campus on Saturday, 13 July.
Revanth Reddy said the arrears of fee reimbursement had accumulated due to the change of priorities of successive governments.
“The government will put in all efforts to ensure timely payment of fee reimbursement dues from this academic year. There is no need to worry,” he said.
He said as part of a skill-development programme, the government has already taken up a project to upgrade the government-owned ITIs in collaboration with Tata Company at the cost of ₹2,400 crore. The state government will also launch a Skill Development University soon.
The chief minister came down heavily on the Opposition for instigating students to protest, demanding that the examination for the teachers’ recruitment under District Selection Committees (DSC) should be postponed.
Similarly, there is a demand for calling 100 candidates for mains of every Group I post for which preliminary examinations had been held.
He said neither he nor IT and Industries Minister D Sridhar Babu have any objection to calling candidates at a 1:100 ratio for mains but the court may issue a stay order since, in the notification, it was said that candidates would be called in the ratio of 1:50 and the entire process would come back to square one.
Referring to the demand for the postponement of the DSC examination, he said the government did not want to derail the process. The notification for DSC was issued two years ago and since there was no change in syllabus or mode of examination, there was no question of prolonging the process any longer by postponing them.
He said only those “politically” unemployed and coaching centres are insisting on either changing the ratio or postponing the DSC examination. He said that the state government would release the job calendar soon on the lines of the UPSC.
(Edited by MajnuBabu)
(South First is now on WhatsApp and Telegram)