Lizard found in breakfast at Telangana girls’ hostel

Meanwhile, a video purportedly showing a rat scurrying through a container of food cooked at the hostel canteen of a state-run Engineering College in Sangareddy district went viral.

BySouth First Desk

Published Jul 10, 2024 | 6:00 PMUpdatedJul 10, 2024 | 6:00 PM

food poisoning

A lizard was found in breakfast served to students at a government school’s girls’ hostel in Medak district, Telangana, on Tuesday. Seventeen students who consumed the meal were taken to a local health centre; two with stomach pain were hospitalised while the others were discharged. The incident led to the termination of the cook and assistant cook for negligence.

Read the full story here