Kerala restaurant sealed after 70 people have food poisoning

An official in the district health department said that 60 to 70 people who ate at a restaurant in the Moonnupeedika area sought treatment at various hospitals.

BySouth First Desk

Published May 28, 2024 | 1:30 PMUpdatedMay 28, 2024 | 1:30 PM


Around 70 people who consumed food from a restaurant sought treatment at various hospitals on Sunday, 26 May, in Kerala’s Thrissur district, due to alleged food poisoning. Health officials suspect that the consumption of mayonnaise supplied with the dish known as “kuzhimanthi”, a Yemeni dish, is the reason for the food poisoning. Authorities have sealed the hotel following the incident.

Read the full story here