Indian man dies after inhaling toxic fumes in Singapore

The Indian national was one of three men aged between 24 and 40 who had collapsed and were found unconscious at the waterworks site.

BySouth First Desk

Published May 24, 2024 | 7:00 AMUpdatedMay 24, 2024 | 7:00 AM

Though the man was rushed to a hospital along with two others, his life could not be saved. (Representational image/iStock)

A 40-year-old Indian national died on Thursday after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a tank in Singapore. The Indian, who has not been named, was one among three who had fallen unconscious at the waterworks agency’s Choa Chu Kang Waterworks. All three were taken to the hospital, where the worker died. The Indian was employed as a cleaning operations manager.

Read the full story here.