He pointed at several government employees who have rejoined service after unsuccessfully contesting the polls, and asked why Nalini couldn't.
Published Dec 15, 2023 | 9:29 PM ⚊ Updated Dec 16, 2023 | 11:48 AM
Chief Minister Revanth Reddy asked officials to look into the possibility of taking D Nalini, a former DSP who resigned from service to join the agitation for Telangana statehood, back into service. (X)
Telangana Chief Minister A Revanth Reddy has asked officials to look at the possibilities of reinstating D Nalini, who resigned as Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) during the height of the Telangana movement in 2011, back into service.
At a review meeting with police officers on recruitment to the department at the state Secretariat on Friday, 15 December, the Chief Minister asked them to examine her case and see if it was possible to take her back into service. If possible, it should be done immediately, if she is willing, the Chief Minister said.
The Chief Minister’s decision to reinstate Nalini, who resigned to take part in the Telangana movement, appears to be another move to build a narrative that he too cared for pro-Telangana activists and that it could not be the prerogative of one individual or a group.
“What is the problem in reinstating Nalini if she is willing to come back to the department? If rules do not permit her reinstatement, give her an equal job in any other department,” Revanth Reddy told the DGP and the Chief Secretary.
https://twitter.com/TelanganaCMO/status/1735684595792728347
The Chief Minister recalled several employees rejoining service after contesting elections unsuccessfully. If they could be reinstated, then why Nalini has not been taken back, the Chief Minister asked. He wondered why Nalini should be discriminated against at a time when those who fought for Telangana were now holding good positions.
The Chief Minister, referring to his frequent movement in the city and elsewhere, asked the police to ensure that it did not inconvenience the common man.
“Look for alternatives. I will be moving extensively in Hyderabad and elsewhere. I want to know the problems of the people and address them. I cannot sit at home and do nothing,” he said, in an apparent snide remark at former chief minister K Chandrashekar Rao.
Revanth Reddy said that he had already ordered a reduction in the number of vehicles in his convoy to nine from 15 and wanted officials to look for ways to ensure that the commuters do not have to wait to allow the unhindered movement of his motorcade.