A man kills ex-partner’s parents in Telangana; Man who hacked 14-year-old to death in Andhra dies by suicide

When the woman's family was sleeping outside their house, the accused attacked them with a knife resulting in the death of the parents.

BySouth First Desk

Published Jul 11, 2024 | 8:20 PM Updated Jul 11, 2024 | 8:20 PM

murder stab

Upset over his ex-partner’s decision to get separated from him and return to live with her family, a man allegedly killed the woman’s parents in Warangal district on Thursday, 11 July.

Holding the parents ‘responsible’ for the couple’s separation, the accused also attacked his former partner and her brother, according to the police.

Meanwhile, a 26-year-old man wanted in connection with the murder of a minor girl, was found dead in a village in Anakapalli district of Andhra Pradesh on Thursday, police said.

Also Read: Minor rape survivor’s battle to terminate forced pregnancy in Telangana

Attacked with knife

According to a senior police official, when the Telangana woman’s family was sleeping outside their house, the accused attacked them with a knife resulting in the death of her elderly parents.

The couple had allegedly eloped last year and stayed together, but eventually, the woman separated from the man and went back to stay with her parents, he said.

Based on a preliminary investigation, the official said the accused bore a grudge against the woman’s parents because he blamed them for the cuople’s separation. The accused has been taken into custody.

The woman, speaking to the media, told that the accused killed her parents and also attacked her and her brother. A case was registered and an investigation is on.

Also Read: Naidu blames YSRCP for Andhra’s ₹1.29 lakh crore power sector loss

Suspected suicide

Anakapalli District Superintendent of Police KV Murali Krishna said Suresh’s body was found around 7 am in KG Palem village.

“Suresh’s body was found merely 700 metres from the place where he hacked the minor girl to death. We suspect that he had died by suicide by consuming a poison-laced drink,” Krishna told PTI.

The Andhra Pradesh police had launched a manhunt for Suresh after he allegedly murdered the 14-year-old minor girl on Saturday evening.

According to sources, Suresh was claimed to be in love with the girl and wanted to marry her. He told the girl’s parents that he will wait until she becomes a major but her family refused the proposal.

The girl’s family had lodged a complaint against Suresh in April, following which a case was registered against him under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and he was remanded.

However, after being released on bail, holding the girl responsibile for rejecting his advances and blaming her for him being imprisoned, he hacked the minor girl to death.

(With PTI inputs)

(South First is now on WhatsApp and Telegram)