Published Feb 20, 2026 | 11:52 AM ⚊ Updated Feb 20, 2026 | 11:52 AM
Prohibitory orders have been imposed in Karnataka’s Bagalkote.
Synopsis: Prohibitory orders have been imposed in Karnataka’s Bagalkote after stones were allegedly hurled during a Shivaji Jayanti procession. According to the Bagalkote Superintendent of Police, one stone struck a police constable while the other fell on his shoulder.
Prohibitory orders have been imposed in Karnataka’s Bagalkote after stones were allegedly hurled during a Shivaji Jayanti procession on the evening of Thursday, 19 February.
“The procession began around 3:.0 pm (on Thursday). As it approached the mosque, two stones were thrown from a distance toward us (police),” Superintendent of Police Siddharth Goyal, who was present at the spot, told reporters on Friday.
According to the Bagalkote Superintendent of Police (SP), based on preliminary information and videos reviewed by the police so far, one stone struck a police constable while the other fell on his shoulder.
“No one sustained any major injuries. After that, the procession continued smoothly, and the atmosphere remained peaceful,” he said.
Police said that adequate security arrangements had been made in view of the procession, and the situation remained under control after the incident.
However, prohibitory orders have been imposed in parts of Bagalkote from midnight on 19 February to midnight on 24 February.
Eight people have been arrested so far in connection with the incident.