Though no casualty has been reported so far due to the landslides, at least 20 families are said to have lost their homes or, in other words, roofs over their head.
Published Aug 03, 2024 | 7:39 AM ⚊ Updated Aug 03, 2024 | 7:39 AM
Representative image of a landslide
In the backdrop of the landslides that hit Kerala’s Wayanad causing devastating damage that at least killed 200 people, a landslide – as a result of heavy rains – also affected Karnataka on Friday, 2 August.
Though no casualty has been reported so far due to the landslides, at least 20 families are said to have lost their homes or, in other words, roofs over their heads.
Subsequently, Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah has directed the immediate completion of the suspension bridge construction, repair work, and road construction.
Chief Secretary to the Government, Shalini Rajneesh, briefed the Chief Minister about the effects of the landslide and the safety measures and works that are being undertaken.
District Incharge Minister NS Bosaraju, MLAs Ponnanna and Manthar Gowda, and senior officials from the revenue department were present at the meeting.
Listening to the plight of about 20 families about the loss of their loved ones after visiting the site of the natural calamity, the CM suggested solutions for people affected by it.
(South First is now on WhatsApp and Telegram)