‘Conspiracy to topple government’ say Karnataka Ministers as Governor issues ‘show-cause notice’ to CM

Eshwar Khandre saw it as a conspiracy to topple a democratically elected government. We will wage a legal and political battle, he said.

Published Aug 01, 2024 | 5:15 PMUpdated Aug 01, 2024 | 5:15 PM

Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah, Deputy CM DK Shivakumar and other ministers during the meeting. (Supplied)

Ministers in the Siddaramaiah Cabinet in Karnataka on Thursday, 1 August, took exception to Governor Thawar Chand Gehlot issuing a “show-cause notice” to the Chief Minister asking him to explain why prosecution sanction must not be accorded in connection with the alleged Mysuru Urban Development Authority (MUDA) site allotment ‘scam.’

Forest Minister Eshwar Khandre saw it as a “conspiracy to topple a democratically elected government.” “We will wage a legal and political battle”, he said.

“We will take it legally,” Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Minister Priyank Kharge told reporters.

Kharge said the notice had been served “without any information and without seeking clarification.”

Also Read: ‘MUDA took over my wife’s land illegally’, says Karnataka CM

(Disclaimer: The headline, subheads, and intro of this report along with the photos may have been reworked by South First. The rest of the content is from a syndicated feed, and has been edited for style.)

(South First is now on WhatsApp and Telegram)

Follow us