It is important to know first aid and choking prevention techniques, especially if you live/work with children.
In a heart-wrenching incident, an 18-month-old toddler died after choking on a piece of “murukku”. This unfortunate incident shines light on the need for food safety and awareness of choking hazards in young children.
According to reports, the incident occurred on Friday, 1 December, in Mavelikkara, Alappuzha. The child, Vaishnav, was reportedly chewing on a piece of murukku without his parent’s knowledge. He choked on it and could not breathe. Despite being rushing to the hospital, the doctors were unfortunately unable to save him.