‘Not my money’ says Andhra liquor scam accused Kasireddy as crores seized from farmhouse

The 43-year-old, who served as IT advisor to former Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, has been in judicial remand at Vijayawada sub-jail since 22 April in connection with the alleged ₹3,200 crore liquor scam case.

Published Jul 30, 2025 | 9:13 PMUpdated Jul 30, 2025 | 11:19 PM

‘Not my money’ says Andhra liquor scam accused Kasireddy as crores seized from farmhouse

Synopsis: Kasireddy Rajashekar Reddy, the prime accused in the alleged ₹3,200 crore Andhra liquor scam, has denied any connection to the ₹11 crore in cash seized by the Special Investigation Team from a farmhouse in Kacharam village near Hyderabad on Wednesday. In an affidavit to the special court in Vijayawada, he alleged that the prosecution was attempting to derail his bail plea with fabricated links. 

Kasireddy Rajashekar Reddy, the main accused in the ₹3,200 crore Andhra Pradesh liquor scam that allegedly took place during the previous Yuvajana Sramika Raythu Congress Party regime, has denied any connection to the ₹11 crore in cash seized by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) from a farmhouse near Hyderabad on Wednesday, 30 July.

In an affidavit submitted to the court of the special judge for SPE and ACB cases in Vijayawada, he described as “utter falsehood and a lie” the claim linking him to the cash recovered from Theegala Sulochana Farm, owned by Theegala Bali Reddy, in Kacharam village of Shamshabad mandal, near Hyderabad.

The 43-year-old, who served as IT advisor to former Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, has been in judicial remand at Vijayawada sub-jail since 22 April in connection with the liquor scam case.

The SIT on Wednesday morning had seized ₹11 crore in unaccounted cash from the farmhouse in Kacharam, located in Shamshabad mandal of Rangareddy district.

Officials found the money neatly bundled and packed in 12 cardboard boxes, hidden behind rice sacks in a storeroom on the premises. Sources said the searches were carried out based on information provided by Varun Purushottam, listed as Accused No 40 in the case.

Also Read: After Midhun Reddy’s arrest, Jagan Mohan Reddy’s detention looms large in AP liquor scam

‘Ploy to derail bail plea’

Kasireddy alleged that the chargesheet filed on 19 July 2025, along with the subsequent claims, were part of a deliberate effort by the prosecution to derail his bail application, especially since the investigation had been completed.

He further alleged that the probe had turned into a vendetta, accusing investigators of “inventing cock-and-bull stories” to link him to what he called an absurd money trail.

He maintained that he was not involved in the case and had no ties to Theegala Vijayender Reddy, son of Theegala Bali Reddy, except for the fact that his wife is a minor stakeholder in a hospital named ARET, which is linked to the Theegala group.

According to him, Theegala Vijayender Reddy runs several businesses – including Vardhaman Engineering College, diagnostic centres, and hospitals – which could be generating crores in turnover.

Kasireddy argued that the chargesheet and the alleged cash seizure were timed to sabotage his forthcoming bail application. He reiterated that he had no links to the seized cash or to the Theegala family’s business ventures, and called the prosecution’s actions “mala fide”.

(Edited by Dese Gowda)

Follow us